Friday, July 2, 2010

The Quilt from Episode 17

In episode 17 of my "Quilting...for the Rest of Us" podcast series, I talk about this quilt from inception to it's current state. This was a doozy.

I won't go into details of what I refer to as a quilt's tale of "woe and redemption," since that's what the whole podcast episode is about. You'll just have to listen if you're curious.

But I promised pics, so here they are!

Here's the whole quilt. Or, at least as much as could be held up by two people standing on the ground rather than ladders. It's somewhere roundabouts twin size.







This is a close-up of some of the wonderful quilting by the long-arm quilter at Mt. Pleasant Quilting Company.  (Note the medallion feathered wreath, with the external feathered wreath in the coping triangles, and sort of a starburst effect in the cornerstone squares.)

My doofus dog trying to figure out why Mom is on the opposite side of the fence from him. "What's up with that? Why aren't we playing?"







The road crew for the photo shoot. (My daughter and niece pressed into service, the two dogs observing and just generally getting underfoot, waiting for food or toys to drop from heaven.)