Friday, July 30, 2010

Hawaiian Quilting...A Teaser

So, I'm still in Hawaii but have a random few minutes to post a quick note to whet your appetite for my podcast next week!

When I first arrived in Waikiki (Oahu), I had a free day to wander about and do as I pleased before starting my conference. So I did a hike up Diamond Head (beautiful--see view of Waikiki from the top, at left), and then tracked down a quilt shop I'd found online ahead of time. It was a little tricky to find, but what a find. And...even better...I was able to interview the owner all about Hawaiian quilting!

My husband flew in to meet me when the conference was over and we headed on to Maui for a few days of vacation. Today, on our way to some hiking trails, I was able to visit another quilt shop that I'd found online ahead of time and once again, it was a wonderful treat.

I'm not going to divulge any more here--I'll be talking about my quilt shop experiences and sharing the interview next week when I'm home again. So get ready for the next podcast episode...it's a doozy!